New York City Tours - About Us
Susan and Art Zuckerman
Art Zuckerman is the owner of three Westchester-based IT companies: Armascan Development Group, Armascan Technology Corp., and True Diversity Ltd. These organizations employ 50 people whose skills include programming at several levels, internet/website development, integration services, and technical consulting at all levels. Prior to starting his own business in 1992, he was a high-level sales manager at such companies as Data General and McDonald Douglas’s computer division. Before entering the computer field, Art was a teacher and basketball coach in Yonkers, NY for three years, after earning his B.S. degree from Indiana State University.
Susan Zuckerman is a history teacher in Yonkers, has conducted live broadcast interviews for the BBC, and along with her husband, volunteers as a tour guide for Big Apple Greeters of New York City.
Twelve years ago Art and Susan began volunteering as tour guides for Big Apple Greeters of New York City, and subsequently started their own tour business. Some noteworthy accomplishments since beginning this second career and avocation have been:
Susan and Art in Inc. Magazine
- Authors of "It Happend in New York City".
- Tour guide for The History Channel “ ChinaTown” (aired 2010)
- Tour guide for The Travel Channel “ Walk of Central Park” (aired in November 2001)
- Historians for National Landmark - Hall of Fame for Great Americans
- Approved to teach Graduate Level courses to teachers (over 30 certified courses)
- Published in Fodor’s Travel Guide for walking tours of New York City
- Voice over CD walking tour of New York to accompany the children’s book, A Cricket in Times Square, published by Houghton Mifflin
- Written numerous articles and featured in several publications on walking tours of New York and other locations in the U.S.
- Takes both school groups and adult groups, ranging from a couple of individuals to 100+ people, on jaunts throughout the neighborhoods of New York City
- Traveled extensively throughout the world including the Orient and 11 times in Europe
- Avid readers with 16,000 books in the home which includes 1,294 books solely on New York City
- Acted as a tour guide for BBC (British Broadcasting Company) on a walking tour of New York City; on November 19th, his wife did a live broadcast with interviews for the BBC
- Reviewer for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on a “live” broadcast to the United Kingdom on November 22, 2001; spent one and a half hours discussing the parade, the atmosphere in New York and the state of U.S. politics following the events of September 11th
- Contributing writer on travel within the U.S. for “New Jersey Pet Publication”
- Featured family in a nationally syndicated article about family travel in the U.S. on March 24, 1996
- Former Talk Show Host (weekly drive time) “Tech Watch” WVOX Radio
- Talk Show Hosts on “Z” Travel & Leisure hour WVOX Mondays 8:00 PM
- Hosts of “45 Minutes to Broadway” WVOX Radio (Reviewing Entertainment)
- Subject of cable station “LMCTV” on Walking Tours and Travel & Leisure radio show
- Volunteers for Big Apple Greeters (New York City)Appeared in featured articles in Gannett papers, Westchester Magazine and Westchester Wag, & write weekly for “HomeTown Media” on Travel and Leisure
- Founder of the Westchester Information Technology Group (Chairman Emeritus)
- Recommended Tour Guide for the 2002 and 2003 Westminster Kennel Show in Madison Square Garden
- Tour Guides for ZDF Germany Television segment on the secrets of Central Park
- Subject of TV segment for Talkback TV, ITV London on walking documentary of Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn Heights Dec 2003
- Inc. Magazine, subject for Businessmen with special passions that have become businesses. Feb 2004
Art’s latest venture is a co-founder of RaconTours, Inc. which offers audio walking tours of New York City. To date, seven “Talk-A-Walk” tapes have been produced including four in New York City, two in London and one in Philadelphia with sales of 100,000 copies. He is, also, currently attending acting classes and voice over training to provide the “voice” on the tour.
Last Updated Sunday, April 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM CDT|27,403 Hits